Wednesday 4 July 2012

The Giant Vintage Rag Market


 Last Saturday was the first Giant Vintage Rag Market at The Cheese and Grain in Frome.


 These photos were taken before the doors opened....


 40 stands being piled high with textiles, linens, trimmings, lace and everything else you can imagine!


 With sunlight coming in through the windows, there was a great atmosphere and air of anticipation....



 Once the doors opened at 9 am, the serious shopping started. Enthusiastic makers, menders and lovers of textiles poured into the building. (no photos taken by me as I was too busy) - but you should be able to find them on other blogs....here or here or here



 Thank you to all the stall holders and everyone who came and helped to make it a special day. All being well, Clare and I will be booking a similar event in the future, so watch this space.


5 comments:

  1. Thanks for all your hard work Lizzie and Clare (and your other-halves!)
    It was good to come home with a lot less stock than I took with me :) Although I did spend quite well too! ;-))
    Niki x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks super, sorry to have missed it. Next time..!
    Hen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had the most fun ever!! thank you Lizzie and Claire for another fantastic fair xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your comments, it was a brilliant day & like Niki I came home with a lot less in the van! Lizzie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wish I'd known,just found you through saving Grace. Any idea when the next one will be?xxx

    ReplyDelete